In this webinar participants will gain an understanding of the Child Safe Standards accepted by the NSW Government. The Standards provide a framework for making organisations safer for children. The webinar aims to provide an understanding of the core components and indicators of the Child Safe Standards and ways you can meet each Standard.
Designed for: Managers, supervisors, team leaders, staff and volunteers that work with children and young people
Program length: 1 hour in total
The program may be adapted to your time frame
- Brief overview of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- An Overview of the 10 Child Safe Standards
- Core Components
- Exploring Practical Applications of the Standard
- Gain an Understanding of the 10 Child Safe Standards
- Understand the Core Components of the 10 Child Safe Standards
- Understand the Indicators of the 10 Child Safe Standards
- Learn Ways to Apply the Standards in Practice
- Understand the Importance of Building a Child Safe Culture To Comply with the Standards
This program is delivered via webinar
Minimum 5 Participants
The Building-Block Approach
Right Approach adopts a building-block approach that exposes participants to a series of workshops to apply child safety and wellbeing, or simply attend a one-off workshop. Providing a number of different training options enables time and budget flexibility.
Suzanne Arnold of Right Approach has a deep professional commitment to child safety , is very dynamic in her approach, and a leader in her field."
Azmiri Mian, Lecturer, Social Work and Social Planning, Flinders University.