In an interactive and practical session, participants will gain an understanding of the legislative and policy requirements to safeguard children and young people in their organisation. The program gives an overview of the findings of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, including the National Child Safe Standards. The program emphasises that reform requires managers to recognise the value and importance of understanding the potential risks to children and young people in an organisational setting – what could go wrong, and identify ways to remove the risks.
Designed for: Managers, team leaders and supervisors
Program length: 3.5 hours in total
The program may be adapted to your timeframe
New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) accredited
- An overview of the findings of the Royal Commission
- Exploration of child harm indicators and impacts
- A brief overview of key legislative and policy context
- Risk management process
- Communicate and consult to identify, analyse, and remove risks associated with child harm
- Understand child harm and the impact it has on children and young people
- Understand your responsibilities within the current legislative context
- Apply a risk management process to identify, analyse, and treat child harm risks
- Understand the importance of building a child safe culture to mitigate risk
- Demonstrate an understanding of how organisational culture and patterns of inappropriate behaviour can impact on a child’s ability to disclose child sexual abuse or other forms of harm
The program can be delivered in your organisation and adapted to suit your needs.
Price: $100 + GST per person
(Min 5 participants)
Dates and locations for 2019 to be advised.
Price: $150 + GST per person
(Min 5 participants)
The Building-Block Approach
Right Approach adopts a building-block approach that exposes participants to a series of workshops to apply child safety and wellbeing, or simply attend a one-off workshop. Providing a number of different training options enables time and budget flexibility.